Announcement of Position Vacancy
College of Education and Human Development
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0240
Full Announcement at http://www.bgsu.edu/education-and-human-development/employment.html
Assistant Professor, Sport Management program –Tenure Track
School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403
Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with experience
Start Date: August 2015
Review of Applications Begins: November 3, 2014
1. Teach undergraduate courses in the Sport Management program and graduate courses in the Sport Administration specialization
2. Conduct a focused line of research related to Sport Management and the mission of the School of HMSLS
3. Work toward and establish a record of external funding related to research area
4. Perform traditional engagement activities in the Sport Management program, School of HMSLS, College of EDHD, BGSU, and the profession.
1. Teach effectively in at least two of the following content areas: Economics of Sport; Ethics in Sport Management; Principles of Sport Finance; Sport
Governance; Sport Leadership; Sport Management Principles; Sport Marketing; and/or Sport Operations Management/Event & Venue Management.
2. Conduct a focused line of research and disseminate findings in peer-reviewed, scholarly journals
3. Write and submit proposals for external funding
4. Participate in the functioning of the Sport Management program, the School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies, College of Education and
Human Development, and Bowling Green State University
5. Advise undergraduate and graduate students
6. Supervise graduate student research projects and theses
7. Supervise field experience (practicum and internship) students in the Sport Management program
8. Establish academic and professional reputations at regional, national or international levels
1. Earned doctorate in Sport Management, or related field (PhD or EdD preferred; ABD considered)
2. Evidence of effective teaching experience at the University level
3. Demonstrated potential to conduct and publish research in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
4. Experience in writing grant proposals preferred
5. Prior experience teaching or assisting in the development of on-line courses strongly preferred
6. Sport industry experience preferred
Rank and Salary: Assistant Professor. Tenure track. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Effective Date of Employment: August 2015.
Review of Applications: Review of applications to begin: November 3, 2014.
Letter of Application/Nomination and Credentials:
Send applications with supporting credentials (letter of application, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, curriculum vitae, three current letters of recommendation, and a maximum of three samples of published articles or other scholarly works) to:
Lisa Bowe, Search Coordinator
School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies 119 Eppler Center
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403-0248
Phone: 419/372-7234; Fax: 419-372-2877; E-mail correspondence can be addressed to email@example.com
Note: Electronic letters of recommendation cannot be accepted.
“Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.”
Nancy E. Spencer, PhD
Sport Management, Recreation, and Tourism Division
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH