The Sport Studies Department of Lock Haven University (http://www.lhup.edu/colleges/Business_Information/sport_studies/) invites applications for a full-time, temporary position to begin August 22, 2015 and ending May 27, 2016. Applications due by January 12, 2015. We invite individuals with expertise in Sport Administration or Sport and Exercise Psychology to apply.
The Sport Studies Department is part of the College of Business, Information Systems and Human Services. We offer an undergraduate major in Sport Administration, undergraduate minor in Sport and Exercise Psychology, and Master of Science in Sport Science with tracks in Sport Administration and Sport and Exercise Psychology. The Sport Studies Department serves approximately 260 undergraduate and 75 graduate students.
Essential Duties: The successful candidate will assume teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service. A willingness to work with masters students will be viewed favorably and experience with educational and professional technologies would be an asset. This position may require development and teaching of online/distance education courses and instruction at the Clearfield Branch campus.
Specific Duties: Responsibilities may also include supervision of undergraduate and/or graduate field experiences, supervision of graduate capstone projects, and the development and delivery of online courses.
Minimum Qualifications (Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Candidates should have an earned doctorate in Sport Administration or Sport and Exercise Psychology or closely related field. ABD’s nearing completion of dissertation may be considered.
* The department values high quality teaching and candidates should provide evidence of innovative teaching at the college level.
* The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills as demonstrated through an interview and effective teaching demonstration.
* Preference will be given to candidates whose teaching and research interests advance the mission of our department and complement current faculty interests.
* Demonstrated record of teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels. * Demonstrated online teaching experience.
* Evidence of potential for scholarly productivity.
* Sport industry work experience.