The University of Dayton Department of Health and Sport Science in Dayton, OH is seeking applicants for a tenure-track assistant professor in the area of health and sport sciences. The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a top ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding, diverse faculty who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research, development of the whole person, leadership, and service in the local and global community. Responsibilities include teaching, research, student advisement, leadership and service to the program, department, school, university and profession. The department and UD offer a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary environment, where the incumbent has the opportunity to join a faculty that are committed to the development of competent and skilled future professionals. Candidates who exhibit a commitment to diversity and equity through their teaching, scholarship, and service are encouraged to apply. Preference given to those who are able to teach in kinesiology, biomechanics, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or healthcare management. The position is full time beginning August 16, 2016.
● ABD in the health sciences by May 15, 2016;
● Articulated ability to teach undergraduates in area of expertise;
● Articulated ability to advise undergraduate or graduate students in research projects;
● Articulated knowledge of and involvement in professional community;
● Demonstrated ability to conduct publishable research for peer-reviewed journals;
● Experience with university, school, department activities, or engagement in community or professional service.
● Effective written communication skills.
Additional information about the department can be found at:
For a listing of the required and preferred qualifications and to apply, please go to: http://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/19154
Applications must be received by February 15, 2016.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.