The Thornton Center is seeking Graduate students or those who have already earned a Master’s Degree with the following characteristics:
- Effective communication skills
- Strong academic background
What is an Academic Mentor?
- Mentors are assigned to student-athletes during their first semester at the University of Tennessee to help them strengthen necessary skills, including organization, time management, and study strategies.
- Mentors encourage student-athletes to improve self-responsibility & self-directedness to achieve their goals both in the classroom and in life.
- Mentors foster student-athletes’ long term academic progress by guiding them in the development of effective communication skills.
Interested in Becoming an Academic Mentor?
- Check out the Thornton Center website at net
- Click on ‘PROGRAMS & SERVICES’, and then ‘eVOLve’ program
- Under ‘Interested in Becoming a Mentor’, select ‘Click here.’
- Upload the following application materials:
- Cover letter, Resume, and Transcripts
- Provide contact information for two professional references
The eVOLve program is mentoring and learning program that assists new student-athletes in strengthening their organization, time management, study skills, test-taking strategies and provides structured academic support.
The pay for this position is $11/hr. and they can apply by using this link: http://thorntoncenter.net/programs-services-3/evolve/mentor-application-2
University of Tennessee
Thornton Athletics Student Life Center
Assistant Learning Specialist
1801 Volunteer Blvd.- Knoxville, TN 37996-3101