Graduate Research Assistantship Position – Alcohol & Other Drug Center for Health Education & Wellness – Division of Student Life
The Center for Health Education and Wellness (Center) engages in prevention and intervention efforts to increase awareness, impact student decision making, and positively influence our university community. The Center manages 974-HELP, the distressed student protocol, case management, the Sexual Assault Response Team, and the Threat Assessment Task Force.
The Alcohol & Other Drug Graduate Research Assistant position in the Center will assist with alcohol and other drug (AOD) risk-reduction and education initiatives which may include but are not limited to the: Alcohol Education Program, Drug Education Program, Brief Alcohol Screening & Intervention for College Students (BASICS), Cannabis Screening & Intervention for College Students (CASICS), bystander intervention programs, Rocky Top Recovery Group, AOD peer health education development, programs, and events.
The position will assist the Alcohol & Other Drug Wellness Coordinator by:
- assisting in the research, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of AOD programs
- providing community education, training, public speaking, and group facilitation for topics including,
but not limited to: alcohol and other drugs, sexual violence, wellness, and bystander intervention
- serving as an advisor for the Rocky Top Recovery Group
- assisting in maintaining the social media networks of the office
- other duties as assigned commensurate with experience
- interest and enthusiasm for college health promotion, alcohol & other drug risk reduction, and student
- familiarity with Microsoft applications, SPSS; interest in working with data and assessment efforts
- strong written and verbal presentation skills, and acute attention to detail
- maintain office hours reflective of departmental needs
- demonstrate creativity, initiative-taking, and flexibility
The applicant must be a full time graduate student seeking an advanced degree. The position is a twelve- month position, paid by monthly stipend, includes a full tuition waiver (excluding student fees) and is renewable based on performance review. The position is 20 hours per week. The applicant will be expected to work some nights and weekends to better assist with campus programming and outreach.
Please submit materials to the Center for Health Education & Wellness: email@example.com. Provide materials as email attachments and include your last name and Graduate Research Assistant – Assessment in the subject line.
- 1. A cover letter
- 2. A resume that includes your educational and work history, as well as any honors or awards you have received
- 3. Three professional and/or academic references