Any UT students—current juniors (i.e., rising seniors), graduating seniors, and graduate students—interested in applying in 2018 for the competitive, nomination-required postgraduate awards noted below must first complete the brief Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships (ONSF) 2018 Campus Pre-Application found here, by May 14: https://onsf.utk.edu/2018-onsf-pre-application/
- Fulbright Student Program
- Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates Cambridge, NIH OxCam (UK/Ireland Postgraduate Awards)
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars (Stanford)
- Schwarzman Scholars (China)
In order to help students complete the 2018 Campus Pre-Application and learn more about these prestigious awards and the processes for applying, the Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships (ONSF) will host information sessions this week and next:
- Wednesday, April 25, at 5:00pm, in HODGES 253: Fulbright Information Session—How to get started with a Fulbright application, including navigating the Fulbright site and the different types of Fulbrights offered, completing the ONSF Pre-Application, application tips, and Q&A.
- Thursday, April 26, at 5:00pm, in HODGES 253: Fulbright Information Session—Will cover the same material as the April 25 session.
- Monday, April 30, at 3:00pm, in HODGES 212: Information session on Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates Cambridge, Knight-Hennessy, and Schwarzman Scholars—Basics of each program and what it takes to be competitive for any/all of these prestigious awards.
In addition, students seeking appointments with ONSF staff to discuss their interests and application ideas/questions should request appointments here: https://onsf.utk.edu/first-steps/