September 27-28, 2018
The Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion (OIDI) at Mississippi State University is, for the second year, organizing a “Future Faculty Career Exploration Program.” This program invites exceptional scholars in the final year of their doctoral studies, as well as post-docs, to experience Mississippi State University as a prospective faculty member. During the visit, scholars will have the opportunity to present their academic work and career interests to college deans and academic departments and engage with executive level administrators and current faculty members at the institution. In addition, scholars will meet students, explore current positions available, and learn about the city of Starkville, MS.
Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply, which include African-Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, and Native Americans.
• Network with MSU Executive Administration, as well as deans and department chairs
• Opportunity to present scholarly research
• $1,000 Stipend
• Within one year of receiving or already received a Ph.D., or currently on a post-doctoral assignment
• Member of an underrepresented group
• Receiving/received degree in a discipline offered at Mississippi State University
• Demonstrates potential to fill current or anticipated vacancies
• Can attend the program for the full two days
• Establish meaningful relationships with prospective faculty members
• Prepare future faculty for a career in the academy
• Serve as a bridge by providing information to participants transitioning from graduate student to faculty member
• Expose participants to MSU as a teaching, research and service institution
• Lay the foundation for future networking opportunities with scholars from other universities
Please distribute to any interested students who meet the following criteria:
- within one year of receiving or already received a PhD, or currently on a post-doctoral assignment
- member of a racially underrepresented group
- available to attend the program for the full two days (September 27 – 28, 2018)
Candidates may access applications at http://oidi.msstate.edu/recruitment/futurefaculty. The deadline for submission is August 31, 2018. For additional information, please contact the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion at OIDI@msstate.edu or 662.325.2493.