There’s still time to submit a proposal to the Conference of Southern Graduate Schools for 2019, which will be held right here in our own backyard. They’ve extended the deadline to September 24.
Based on feedback that the CSGS Executive Board has received from last year’s conference, the Program Committee for the 2019 Conference in Knoxville, Tennessee is soliciting proposals for the concurrent sessions of the program related to the conference theme of Enhancing the Graduate Student Experience. These concurrent sessions are designed to complement the following plenary topics:
- Labor Issues (e.g., ethics, student exploitation, unions, benefits, etc.);
- Professional Development (e.g., mentoring, financial literacy, career services, internships/co-ops, academic and non-academic career paths, international/domestic students, etc.);
- Diversity and Inclusion (e.g., PhD/masters, rural/urban, gender identification, full-time/part-time, on-campus/online, international/domestic students, etc.);
- Wellness of Grad Students (e.g., mental health, physical health, #me too, wellness, culture and socialization;
- Service and advocacy for our students (e.g., navigating graduate school, breaking down barriers to degree completion (time / cost), on-campus advocacy, etc.);
- Other emerging topics of importance will also be considered.
Please complete and submit the proposal by Monday, September 24, 2018 for full consideration at http://www.csgs.org/call-for-proposals. The form is designed to be completed in one pass, so please prepare your answers ahead of time.