Your Admission to Candidacy form requires the signatures of all committee members and the department’s Director of Graduate Studies (DGS, currently Lars Dzikus). Please make sure to mind the following:
- Fill out the form and sign it yourself.
- Collect the signature of your advisor/major professor first.
- Collect the signatures of other committee members next.
- Drop off the form in Lars’ mailbox. Please put the form in a closed envelope when you do so. Keep in mind, the form contains private information that is protected by FERPA (e.g, your student ID number and grades).
- You will receive an email with instructions when and where you can pick up the form.
- It will be your responsibility to pick up the form and take it to the Graduate School (111 Student Services Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-0211; Phone: (865) 974-2475) by the posted deadline (see: https://gradschool.utk.edu/graduation/graduation-deadlines/). If you have not been to the Graduate School before, make sure to schedule a little extra time, as the it can be difficult to find.
- If you are a PhD student, also note that you will also have your committee members fill out the PhD Committee form, which requires the Department Head’s signature: https://gradschool.utk.edu/documents/2018/08/phd-committee-form.pdf/