Department: Exercise and Health Science
Location: Dayton, TN
Reports To: Chair, Exercise and Health Science
Exempt (Y/N): Y
Salary commensurate with experience.
Bryan College, a regionally-accredited, Christian Liberal Arts Institution, along with the Exercise & Health Science Department, seeks applications from persons interested in a full-time position to begin August 2019.
The Exercise & Health Science (EHS) program at Bryan College is the second largest program on campus. The approximately 100 students within the major follow one of three tracts within the major: Foundation, Physical Education Licensure, and Pre-Therapy. The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses within the undergraduate EHS program with an emphasis on courses within the Foundation and Pre-Therapy tracts. These courses would include Physiology of Exercise, Kinesiology, Motor Learning, Measurement and Evaluation in PE, Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology, Concepts of Physical Fitness, Foundations of PE & Sport, Safety & First Aid, and activity courses. American Red Cross Safety & First Aid Instructor certification would be required to teach Safety & First Aid.
- Teaching wide range of undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise and Health Science
- Advising students
- Collaborating with colleagues on development of new programs in allied health fields
- Serving the College and the profession.
- Doctorate preferred (Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Health and Fitness, Sport Management, or Public Health).
- ABD or relevant Master’s degree(s) will be considered with willingness to enter into contractual commitment to pursue doctorate required.
- Also preferred, one or more of the following: 5 years teaching experience in higher education, certification as Red Cross Instructor, ACSM/NSCA Certification