The University of Tennessee placed 59 student-athletes on the 2018-19 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll that was announced by SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. Ten of those students are majoring in Kinesiology or Recreation and Sport Management within the Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, & Sport Studies.
Malia Stovall – Kinesiology
Tessa Kimmy – Kinesiology
Men’s Swimming & Diving
Matthew Wade – Recreation and Sport Management
Women’s Swimming & Diving
Danika Katzer – Kinesiology
The rowing program led the way for UT with 12 student-athletes honored. Women’s swimming and diving, and baseball (6), soccer (5), softball (5), men’s swimming and diving (5) and volleyball (5) all put five or more on the list.
A total of 1,002 student-athletes from around the league were named to the 2018-19 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll, which is based on grades from the 2018-19 academic calendar.
Any student‐athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student‐athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution’s NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll.
The following criteria will be followed:
(1) A student‐athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student‐athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student‐athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student‐athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student‐athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non‐remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student‐athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
A list of all of the UT student athletes who made the list can be found here.