MissionTo prepare dynamic leaders for tomorrow’s sport industry through scholarship, leadership, diversity, and quality academic and practical experience.
VisionTo provide students with a quality academic experience by emphasizing experiential learning with a diverse faculty knowledge base.
- Embrace diversity and social justice by recruiting diverse undergraduate and graduate students and faculty and staff.
- Enhance scholarly production by a) maximizing time and effort in pursuit of scholarly endeavors b) encourage faculty-student research collaboration at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, c) encourage collaboration among departmental faculty members, and d) explore research opportunities outside the department.
- Provide practical learning experiences by maintaining and developing relationships in the sport industry and to continue to use feedback from students and site supervisors.
- Provide quality academic experiences by attracting and maintaining productive faculty and doctoral students.
- Develop a program research agenda, increase interdepartmental research collaboration, and develop interdepartmental programs.
- Train quality doctoral graduates in both scholarly research and academics.
Sport management includes any combination of skills related to planning, organizing, leading, marketing, communicating, and evaluating within the context of an organization whose primary product or service is related to sport. The undergraduate sport management program at UT is dedicated to the development of a degree related to the understanding of management in a sport-related setting. Students are offered the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for a career in sport management. The curriculum provides students with the opportunity to pursue a degree that combines coursework and professional experience.