ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
College of Education and Human Services
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Department of Kinesiology
Assistant Professor Exercise Science
To begin August 16, 2016
The Department of Kinesiology invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Exercise Science position with a specialization in one of the following areas: Physiology, Nutrition, Motor Learning, Motor Control, Motor Development, Biomechanics, Sports Medicine, Epidemiology/Health Promotion, or Exercise Psychology. The position is a tenure track position with teaching responsibilities in area of specialization. Potential for collaboration exists with Nutrition, Neuroscience, Gerontology, Allied Health, Rehabilitation, and many others across the SIU campus system. Position is contingent on available funding.
Requirements of Applicant
- The rank of Assistant Professor requires a doctorate in Kinesiology or an area relevant to the specialization areas described.
- Applicants who have completed all but the dissertation and who expect to complete all requirements for the doctorate prior to August 15, 2016, will be considered. If official evidence of the appointee’s completion of the earned doctorate is not received by August 15, 2016, the position offered will be a nine- month, term appointment at the rank of Instructor and at a lower salary.
- The potential for scholarly productivity and external funding.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Pursue a continuing line of research activities leading to scholarly publications and external funding.
- Provide leadership for cooperative work (partnerships, grant development, applied projects and research) within the college, university and community.
- Develop and/or teach graduate class(es) in areas of expertise.
- Engage in service activities at the department, college, university and community levels.
Effective Date of Employment August 16, 2016
The search committee will begin screening applications on February 1, 2016 to determine finalists for the position; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Application materials should include a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a listing of three professional recommendations with contact information, and a copy of graduate transcripts. Applicants should address inquiries and forward application materials to:
Department of Kinesiology Mail Code 4310
1075 S Normal Ave Carbondale, IL 62901
SIU Carbondale is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.