For those who signed up to take your KNS comprehensive exam this spring, comps will be held this Thursday and Friday from 9am – 1pm in HPER 142 (computer lab). You are required to attend both days, but will only receive 4 hours on one day and 2 hours on the other to complete all questions. You may choose which day you plan to utilize the 4 hours and which day you plan to utilize 2 hours. I do not need to know beforehand which day you plan to test for 4 hours and which day you plan to test for 2 hours. However, if you plan to test for 2 hours it is preferred for you to arrive at 9am on that day. If that is not possible, please let me know in advance. You will decide on each day which committee members’ questions you plan to answer.
See below for more detailed instructions, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Comprehensive Exam Instructions
· Testing will begin at 9am and end at 1pm each day. You may take short bathroom breaks if needed.
· Cell phones should be turned off and left in your book bags, purses, or pockets.
· You are not allowed to access the internet during the exam.
· No outside materials may be used during the exam unless otherwise permitted by your committee members.
o You should contact your committee members if you want guidance on what to study for or to determine if outside materials are permitted.
· Please type your name and your committee member’s name at the top of each answer document.
· Exam answers will be individually saved to a flash drive then deleted from the computer before you may begin your next question.
o Please save each document in the format of: Last name, First name_Committee member’s last name
See you all on Thursday!
CARRIE J. TREXLER, MEd
Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, & Sport Studies
College of Education, Health, & Human Sciences
The University of Tennessee Knoxville
326 HPER Building
1914 Andy Holt Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37996