GPSAW (Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week) is off to a good start, and I would just like to say thank you to all of you for helping get the word out about our events. Tonight is Trivia Night at Pelancho’s Grill from 6-9 and then tomorrow is one of our most packed days, including:
· Graduate and Professional Student Ice Cream Social on the Pedestrian Walkway near Hodges from noon to 2 (Thanks Teaching and Learning Innovation!)
· The Multicultural Graduate Student Organization has a workshop on stress management in the Library (room 209) from noon to 1
· Free Professional Headshots for Graduate Students from 1-4 at Hodges 251 (Thanks UT Libraries!)
· Developing an Inclusive Teaching Philosophy Statement from 2:10-4:10 in Hodges 212 (Thanks Teaching and Learning Innovation!)
· Vols Baseball Game starting around 7(there may be a few tickets left, just call 974-0818) (Thanks Tennessee Athletics!)
So, essentially, you can hang out at Hodges from noon to four and enjoy the day before heading to the ball game!
On Wednesday, there’s BBQ in the Park (Circle Park, that is), from 11:30-1, care of the Graduate Student Senate, and then it’s just a short walk down to the Student Union Ballroom for the final competition for the Three Minute Thesis at 1:30.
And we’re getting a lot of wonderful shout-outs to our GTAs (http://tiny.utk.edu/gta-shoutout), so be sure to check and see the nice things folks are saying.